This Policy describes the types of personal data we collect through the Site and how that personal data may be used and/or with whom it may be shared. This Policy also describes how you can reach us to update your contact information, access and control the use of the personal data we collect in connection with our marketing communications and activities, or get answers to questions you may have about our privacy practices at the Site. Please read this Policy carefully, because by using the Site you are acknowledging that you understand and agree to the terms of this Policy. In addition, please review our Driver or Customer Terms and Conditions, which governs your use of the Site and any content you submit to the Site.
This Policy applies to all information and data collected by BeMyDD from you while using the Site.
Except as otherwise defined in this Policy, capitalized terms have the meanings set forth herein.
“Customer” is a customer, whether registered or not registered, of the BeMyDD Site that utilizes BeMyDD’s referral service to avail themselves to Drivers willing to provide designated driving services.
“Driver” is a registered driver of the BeMyDD Site that utilizes BeMyDD’s referral service to avail themselves to Customers to provide designated driving services.
“Identifiable natural person” means a person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his or her physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
“Personal data” or “personal data” means any information about an identified or identifiable natural person.
This Policy is meant to guide BeMyDD with respect to personal data collected from or about you at the Site. While this Policy applies to personal data generally, the local laws, rules and regulations of jurisdictions that are applicable to BeMyDD (“Local Laws”) may require standards which are stricter than this Policy and, in such event, BeMyDD will comply with applicable Local Laws. Specific privacy policies may be adopted to address the specific privacy requirements of particular jurisdictions.
The privacy and security of the personal data that BeMyDD collects from you is a priority for BeMyDD. In order to use the Site, you must provide BeMyDD with personal data that could be used to contact you or to identify you personally such as your name, date of birth, home address, telephone number, credit card data, vehicle type (make, model, transmission), automobile insurance information, and e-mail address through the Site. Driver’s must provide additional personal data to BeMyDD such as Social Security Number, bank account information, and other data to run a background check and validate your ability as a driver. By submitting personal data to BeMyDD at this Site, you hereby consent to BeMyDD’s collection, use and disclosure of such personal data.
- BeMyDD uses Customer personal data that you submit on our Site to refer you to Drivers about where, when, and from whom you may obtain driving services. BeMyDD uses Customer personal data to process payment to BeMyDD for the use of the services through a referral fee and annual fee. By creating an account and receiving our referrals to Drivers, you agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions in this Policy and the Customer Terms and Conditions.
- BeMyDD uses Driver personal data that you submit on our Site to refer you to Customers about where, when, and from whom you may provide driving services. Prior to being registered as a Driver, BeMyDD requires personal data to conduct a background check and determine your fitness as a Driver. BeMyDD uses Driver personal data to process payment to you for the services you provide to Customers. By creating an account and receiving our referrals to Customers, you agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions in this Policy and the Driver Terms and Conditions.
- Any information you give us through this Site may be transmitted to servers outside the country where the information is entered, and may be used, stored, and processed outside the country where it was entered. As you browse our Site, our servers may collect information about your visit. For example, to help us better serve you and improve our Site, we may monitor statistics such as how many people visit our Site, which pages people visit on our Site, and which browsers people use to visit our Site.
- BeMyDD collects and uses personal data that you submit at our Site when you (1) register with BeMyDD for services, (2) register your e-mail address with us, (3) opt-in to receive newsletters or promotions, (4) enter sweepstakes or contests sponsored by us, (5) sign up for special offers from select third parties, (6) send e-mail messages or feedback, submit forms or transmit other information by e-mail, (7) submit your credit card or other payment information when registering, (8) provide bank account information to process Driver payments, or (9) complete a survey. If you elect to engage in such activities, we ask that you provide us personal data, such as your first and last name, date of birth, age, mailing address (including zip code), e-mail address, telephone number, credit card type and number, credit card security code, bank account information, and other personal data. If you do not provide certain personal data with respect to a particular service, you will not be able to engage in that service.
- BeMyDD may also collect and use personal data that you submit at our Site to communicate with you, better understand your needs, and to provide you with better service. For example, when you visit our websites, or send e-mails to BeMyDD, you are communicating with us electronically and may be submitting personal data to BeMyDD. We may use this personal data to communicate with you either electronically, by e-mail, or using other means.
- We may also use your personal data that you submit to provide you with a more efficient and customized experience, process your referrals, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, statistically analyze Site use, improve our service offerings, and enhance our Site’s content, layout, and services. We may contact you regarding administrative notices and/or send you occasional e-mails or regular mail regarding our services, special offers and upcoming events that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive this information, please click on the “Unsubscribe” link shown on all our e-mails and electronic newsletters to you or contact us at the address or telephone number listed herein and we will remove your name from our mailing lists.
- To help BeMyDD improve your experience on our Site BeMyDD may also track your use of our Site. We may collect certain non-personally identifiable information about you based upon how you search and interact with our Site, including which pages you view while visiting our Site. For system administration and statistical analysis purposes, this information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. This information may include a website’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that you just came from, which URL you next go to, general geographic location, device type, what browser you are using, Internet service provider, date/time of visit information, operating system, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which tells us the country and state you are searching our Site from. A URL is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web.
- We also collect, or enlist a third party service provider to collect, store, process and manage certain non-personally identifiable information to diagnose problems with our servers and software, administer our Site, connect you to the credit card payment platform and gather and analyze demographic and other statistical information. Our third party service providers may also provide us with summary, but not individual, reports that will tell us how our Site is being used. We may also share such aggregate statistical and demographic information with select third parties, such as our partners; however, these reports do not contain any personal data.
BeMyDD also may use and disclose your personal data: (1) to the extent required to respond to a legal or ethical obligation, (2) to the extent necessary to meet national security, public interest or law enforcement obligations, and (3) to the extent expressly permitted by an applicable law, rule or regulation.
Of course, you may choose not to provide BeMyDD with personal data. However, this choice may prevent BeMyDD from providing you with the service, or information you requested or that could be offered to you. Additionally, BeMyDD collects or may collect personal data to conduct the business of BeMyDD and comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
BeMyDD may use your personal data as set forth in this Policy (or any other BeMyDD policy, as applicable), and for any other purposes for which your consent is required under applicable law so long as BeMyDD obtains your consent.
Additionally, where BeMyDD is permitted to do so under applicable law, BeMyDD may share your personal data with its affiliates, employees, contractors, consultants and other parties who assist BeMyDD including, without limitation, parties that provide information technology and data processing services to BeMyDD with respect to the operation of its businesses.
Where BeMyDD is permitted to do so under applicable law, BeMyDD may transfer or provide your personal data to affiliates or third parties both in and outside of the nation where you reside.
Additionally, your personal data may be disclosed as required by applicable law, to comply with a court order, subpoena, warrant or other legal process, or where the personal data is publicly available (unless otherwise restricted by applicable law).
Like many websites, BeMyDD uses “cookies” and similar tools on the Site to improve its performance and enhance your user experience.
A cookie is a small text file which is placed on your Device. Cookies help to analyze web traffic and allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Certain cookies may contain personal data – for example, if you click to “remember me” when logging in, a cookie may store your username. Most cookies won’t collect personal data that identifies you, and will instead collect more general information, such as how users arrive at and use our Sites, or a user’s general location.
BeMyDD may place cookies or similar files on your Device for security purposes, to tell us whether you have visited the Site before, if you are new visitor or to otherwise facilitate site navigation, and to personalize your experience while visiting our Site. Cookies allow us to collect technical and navigational information, such as browser type, time spent on our Site and pages visited. Cookies also allow us to select which of our advertisements or offers are most likely to appeal to you and display them while you are on the Site. Cookies may enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular Site. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Site by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your Device or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Generally, the cookies that are used on the Site can be broken down in to the following categories:
- Session Cookies - These cookies are used 'in-session' each time you visit and then expire when you leave a Site or shortly thereafter: they are not stored on your Device permanently, do not contain any personal data and help by minimizing the need to transfer personal data across the internet. These cookies can be deleted or you can refuse to allow their use, but this will hamper the performance and your experience in using the Sites. These cookies also take time stamps that record when you access a Site and when you leave a Site.
- Tracking Cookies - These cookies enable us to recognize repeat visitors to our Site. By matching an anonymous, randomly generated identifier, a tracking cookie keeps track of where a user of our Site came from, what search engine they may have used, what link they clicked on, what keyword they used and where they were in the world when they accessed a Site. By monitoring this data, we can make improvements to our Site.
- Persistent Cookies - This type of cookie is saved on your Device for a fixed period (sometimes for a few hours, sometimes for a year or longer) and is not deleted when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies are used where we need to remember who you are for more than one browsing session. For example, this type of cookie can be used to store your preferences, so that they are remembered for the next visit to a Site.
- Performance or Analytical Cookies - Performance cookies are used to analyze how the Site is used and to monitor its performance, which allows us to improve your experience in using the Site. These cookies help us to tailor the content of the Site to reflect what the Site users find most interesting and to identify when technical issues with the Site arises. We may also use this data to compile reports to help us to analyze how a Site is used, what the most common issues are and how we can improve the Site.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) to disable existing cookies; or (iii) to set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. However, please be aware that if you disable or reject cookies, some features and services on our Sites may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize and associate you with your BeMyDD account(s). In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests.
Instructions for blocking or allowing Cookies in Popular Web Browsing Software
Internet Explorer 7 and 8
Even after you have consented to BeMyDD’s collection and use of your personal data and submitted personal data to BeMyDD at this Site, you may opt-out of having your personal data collected or used by BeMyDD by contacting BeMyDD. Please note that in order to fulfill certain obligations, we may need to continue sending you notices or other important information concerning any events or services you request. You may contact BeMyDD by sending us a letter at:
7010 Woodduck Court
Solon, Ohio 44139
Attention: Privacy Officer
Or by e-mail to: email@example.com
Or by telephone at: 1-877-823-6933
Or by facsimile at: 1-877-823-6933
Personal data will be collected, stored, processed and transmitted in accordance with BeMyDD’s established policies and applicable federal, state, local and foreign laws, rules and regulations.
The principles of BeMyDD with respect to the processing of personal data are as follows: (1) personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully, (2) personal data will be collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes and not further processed for incompatible purposes, (3) personal data collected by BeMyDD will be adequate, relevant, and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which it is collected, (4) personal data collected by BeMyDD will be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date, and (5) personal data collected by BeMyDD will be retained as identifiable data for no longer than necessary to serve the purposes for which the personal data was collected.
If BeMyDD engages in the processing of personal data for purposes other than those specified in this Policy, BeMyDD will provide notice of these changes, the purposes for which the personal data will be used, and the recipients of personal data.
We do not sell any of your personal data (including your name, mailing address, or e-mail address) to any companies. We do provide some of our services through contractual arrangements with affiliates, service providers, and other third parties that require us to share your personal data to them in order to deliver those services. For example, we must release your credit card information to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for services purchased on this Site; for Customers we must release your current location, name, vehicle information and other personal data to Drivers in order to provide designated driving services; for Drivers we must release you name and other personal data to Customers in order to provide designated driving services. We require our service providers to adopt and post privacy policies consistent with this Policy.
This Policy applies to information collected from this Site by BeMyDD. Once you click on a link to another website (the “Linked Site”), you are no longer on this Site. This Policy does not apply to the content or privacy practices of any Linked Site. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website or Linked Site that collects personal data. You should contact advertisers, other websites or Linked Sites directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies or their use of the information they collect.
BeMyDD is committed to protecting the privacy of children. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal data about visitors that we know are under 13 years of age. This Site is not directed in any respect to children under the age of 13.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and/or account information. To ensure effectiveness of your password, we recommend that you do not disclose your user identification or password to anyone. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
BeMyDD will take reasonable steps to protect the personal data in its possession from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, and will take all useful precautions with regard to the nature of the data and the risks of the processing, to preserve the security of the data and, in particular, prevent its alteration and damage or access by non-authorized third parties. BeMyDD has put in place appropriate technical, physical, and organizational procedures and security measures to safeguard and secure the personal data from destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized access or disclosure, or other forms of unauthorized or unlawful processing commensurate with the risks posed by the particular type of processing, the nature of the personal data and in accordance with applicable law and applicable guidelines, and taking into consideration the cost of implementing such measures.
It is your responsibility to provide BeMyDD with accurate personal data. Except as otherwise set forth in this Policy, BeMyDD shall only use personal data in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by you. To the extent necessary for these purposes, BeMyDD shall take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data is accurate, complete, current and relevant to its intended use.
Upon request by you, BeMyDD will grant you reasonable access to your personal data. Except where your rights are limited by applicable law (e.g., where necessary to safeguard national security, defense, or public security, for the prevention and detection of crime, or to safeguard an important economic or financial interest of the nation in which you reside, the employee, or the rights and freedoms of others, for the purpose of scientific research or statistical purposes, provided that the data is not used for making decisions that relate to a particular individual), such access will include: (1) confirmation as to whether or not your personal data is being processed and, if so, information as to the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data processed, and the recipients (or categories of recipients) of the personal data; (2) communication in intelligible form of the personal data undergoing processing and information as to its source; and (3) details of the logic involved in any automatic processing of the personal data. BeMyDD will permit you to correct, amend or delete inaccurate or incomplete personal data, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the individual in the case in question or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated.
Subject to the above, you may change any of the personal data you have provided to us on this by writing us at:
BeMyDD LLC, 7010 Woodduck Court, Solon, Ohio 44139, Attention: Privacy Officer, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-877-823-6933. Please include your name, address, and/or e-mail address when you contact us.
We will only keep your personal data as long as we need it for the reasons it was originally collected from you. When we no longer need your personal data for our purposes, we will destroy, delete or erase that information or convert it into an anonymous form in accordance with our standard data retention and destruction policies. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, because we keep track of past transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on this Site. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
BeMyDD will use a self-assessment approach to verify compliance with this Policy and periodically verify that the Policy is accurate, comprehensive for the information intended to be covered, prominently displayed, implemented and accessible.
If you believe that your personal data has been processed or disclosed in violation of this Policy, BeMyDD encourages you to raise any concerns using the contact information provided in this Policy. BeMyDD will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of personal data.
This Policy may be amended from time to time, consistent with the requirements of applicable law. A notice will be posted by BeMyDD on this Site when this Policy is changed.